What is Freeze Drying?
When material containing water is placed into an almost zero humidity environment, the water molecules are drawn out of the material and into the CO2, raising the relative humidity of the CO2 and lowering the material's water content.
If the CO2 around the material is steadily replenished, then the process will continue until moisture has been removed from the material. All this happens at low temperatures, below the freezing point of water, which means that the material is preserved in a totally ‘fresh’ state.
Benefits of Freeze Drying
- You can decrease dry time and processing from days to hours while preserving your product's peak trichome and terpene profile.
- Through sublimation, moisture is removed from the crop, preserving terpenes, maximizing flavor and aroma.
- Materials are preserved in a "fresh" state.
Harvest right has a solution to these problems.
Harvest Right’s Pharmaceutical Freeze Dryer removes water from plants and organic compounds while they are in a frozen state. This locks in the freshness of herbs and plants. Their appearance, nutritional content, and potency remain the same as when they were fresh.
Freeze drying completely removes water in about 24 hours. No other preservation method comes close to removing water this quickly. This is important because the longer a harvested plant or compound retains water, the greater the chance of spoiling and losing nutrition and potency.
Most water extraction methods destroy enzymes and terpenes because of the heat used in the extraction process. Because the freeze-drying process does not use heat to remove water, the enzymes and terpenes in freeze-dried products are not destroyed.
Oxygen absorbers can be used to protect packaged foods and organic compounds against spoilage, mold growth, color change, and loss of nutrition. By removing residual oxygen inside the packaging to below 0.01%, oxygen absorbers effectively preserve packaged foods without food additives/preservatives and the need for vacuum sealing.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date we will refund the difference as well.
To request a partial refund simply e-mail us with a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax