OUR ECO-FRIENDLY COMMITMENT
OUR ECO-FRIENDLY COMMITMENT
Here at Gogo Wallpaper we are completely aware of the effect of global manufacturing and production on our environment. In our efforts to become number #1 in green business and customer satisfaction we do not substitute morals for profit potential. It is important to us to ensure our business and partners effectively reduce ecological effect in the production of our wallcoverings. We strive to partner with manufacturers who diligently reduce carbon emissions, provide transparent and ethical business practices, and take pride in their communities. Please find below a list of important benefits to purchasing with Gogo Wallpaper.
WE PARTNER WITH MANUFACTURERS WHO:
- For every order placed, 1 to 3 trees are planted.
- Use smoke-free ink systems so efficient it eliminates the need for emission controls.
- Use water based inks, providing a printing process completely VOC-free. This means we use zero solvents in our product which makes for a safer workplace for our employees, a safer product for our customers, and ultimately an eco-friendly way to print.
- Free from harmful lead, and palates.
- Any pollutants produced during manufacture are ‘burnt-off’ in an incinerator. The heat produced during this process is not wasted but recycled within the production process.
RECYCLING & REUSE PRACTICES
- Recycling 100% of the dry waste from our Dorset factory
- Recycling 97% of our liquid waste at our own water treatment facility, and working to get this to 100%
- Creating our cardboard packaging with 75% recycled material, a figure that’s increasing all the time
- Separating production waste to ensure that paper is re-pulped, and all white spirits are recovered from any liquid waste.
ACCREDIDATIONS & FORESTRY
- Cartons are FSC accredited, and boxes are glued together to avoid the use of non-biodegradable vinyl tape.
- Accredited with ISO14001 which means we are deemed as a ‘low-risk’ to the environment.
- Working with FSC® certified printers, who use FSC® certified paper, to produce our printed pieces, from color cards and brochures to postcards and letters
- The fact that we source our paper from sustainable forests also means minimal disruption to the wildlife that calls them home.
- Complying with the Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) across all of our UK sites, and being audited by the Environmental Agency to ensure our compliance.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION & ASSISTANCE
- We’re also committed to helping our local businesses to achieve their environmental potential, and actively share our experiences and best practices with them.
VEGAN & CRUELTY FREE
- None of the paints we use to print our wallpapers, the glazes we use to protect them, or the paste we use to hang them, contain any animal derivatives. They’ve never been tested on animals, nor will they ever be, which means you can rest assured that you’re bringing your home to life with a proudly cruelty free product.